2.03.2007

Introducing The Windy Spot

As my lovely little laptop slowly recovers from her serious illness (thanks primarily to Rob and Ben's help!), I find myself exploring more adventuresome endeavors such as posting videos.

As many of you already know, I have been an artist my whole life. I have studied illustration, painting, printmaking, pottery, photography, film, writing, computer graphics, etc., etc. And while I haven't always consistently exercised my love and talent to it's fullest, it's creative influence is a constant presence in my everyday life.

In recent years I have focused primarily on the digital image, not only because it is is my most accessible means of expression when short on time, but also because I feel it allows others a most accurate view of how I see the world, how I perceive the events that take place around me. I think one of the most beautiful things about photography and video is that you can incorporate your loved ones so very nicely into your creative expression, which has always been an underlying theme in my work over the years.

I'm so happy that I have discovered the world of blogging, because it finally affords me the opportunity to share with all of you that which I love most. If you have not already noticed the link on this blog, I would like to invite you to visit my virtual gallery The Windy Spot.

Each month at The Windy Spot there will be a new "exhibit". For the launch of the site in January I put together "While I'm Thinking Of It: Memories Of 2006 Through The Lens", a look at some of my most cherished photos from the year that the majority of you have not seen. For the month of February I am happy to announce my first digital video exhibit "Meg's 3x5's". This is a short film I put together that is a chronological musical review of my year in photos. Many of you have already seen this film, but as it has been fraught with loading and viewing problems, I think you will find that I have achieved a much more pleasant way to view it. [As long as you give it a minute or two to load, you should be able to watch it without a hitch!]

Please check back each month for new postings at The Windy Spot. My hope for this site is that it will afford me an accessible path back to plenty of creative projects that I'm always eager to share with you all. In addition, I hope you will use it as a forum to critique what you see and perhaps comment on how the work effected you. Enjoy!

1 comment:

madre-terra said...

I loved the photos. Was that the Dali Llama with the music dudes?
I am reminded that so many people share our planet and that there tons of folk out there that I don't know who have lives, friends, families, and communities.
Lovely, thanks.