4.22.2007

HAPPY EARTH DAY!

Well, Earth Day is here and this is the third time I've addressed the issue of showing our love for Pace Mama in my blog. This week, I have written a lovely haiku to catch you up on my most recent life changes that will shrink my "footprint" even more:



Earth Day has arrived
This week I changed four light bulbs
Halogen is neat

So I'd like to know, what have you done this year to lessen your energy consumption, or step up your recycling, or reduce waste, etc., etc.? I'd like to post it on my blog! But here's the catch: it must be in the form of a haiku (5,7,5 just in case you're drawing a blank). Let's celebrate dear Pace Mama -- after all, she's all we've got.

Want more info about this beautiful day? Go to the official Earth Day website! Want to be even more inspired to love this planet? Read this poem by 5th grader Crystal in Tucson, Arizona.

Earth Day

Earth is where people live.
As the desert is for the animals.
As the sun is to brightness.
As the wind is to the Earth.

Isn't this a lovely place? We are so lucky. :)

No comments: