6.17.2006

Fish are jumpin' and the river is high...

Well, summer has unofficially begun and I've already made one trip up to the good ol' Susqy for a trip down from the falls. As always, Uncle Arthur led the way. I was a bit nervous as I recalled the last time when the river was so low that we had to get out and walk!

But I had nothing to fear, and this time the water was high enough that we were able to make it around the island. Not only that, but we were lucky enough to see two bald eagles on the way! It was so very pleasant, and it's days like these that make me wish I could relax like this every morning.
I'm hoping to make it back up there soon, and this time I'm looking forward to a hike up Campbell's Ledge and a refreshing peanut butter chocolate single scoop sugar cone at the Blue Ribbon.

No comments: